Monday, January 7, 2019

Newsletter for the week of January 7, 2019


Memory work:
They saw the child with Mary his mother, and they fell down and worshiped him. Then they offered him gifts, gold and frankincense and myrrh.  Matthew 2:11

January 7, 2019

Dear Parents,
Happy New Year!  I know I am glad to be back into the school routine.  I hope that everyone had a relaxing and refreshing Christmas holiday. I had a wonderful holiday together with my family. On the 26th, my younger daughter and her family arrived from Lexington, Kentucky.  It was so much fun being with the two sets of grand-twins. On the 31st, I flew to Philadelphia to spend four days with my 97 year-old father. My sister and her family were also there, so we had some good family time.  Dad always amazes me with his mental sharpness. 
Today we welcomed Alaina to our class! We are happy to add her to our second grade class and to our CCLS family.
Mrs. Klug and I would like to thank you for all of the Christmas remembrances! They were all very special. A big thank you goes to many parents for planning the Christmas party. It was such a success! Thanks to everyone who contributed items for the party and to the people who were able to be here to help with the party.  By the way, how were your sand art brownies? If you have no need for the jar, feel free to send it back to me and I will save it for next year.
I am sending home the January book orders this week.  If you would like to order some books, please have the order forms and checks back to me by Friday, January 18th. Once again checks may be made payable to Scholastic Books. (Remember that you can also order the books on line at www.scholastic.com/bookclubs. The initial parent activation code is GL4JP and then you can set your codes.). (Each child received a book coupon from me as a Christmas gift. It was inside of a Christmas card from me. When your child decides on a book to spend the coupon on, complete the paper coupon and turn it in to me. It can be redeemed any time before the end of May.) Happy shopping and Happy Reading!!!!
In math we will continue to work on adding with regrouping and reviewing all of the subtraction facts.  We will now go back to a science unit about solids and liquids.  There are lots of fun hands-on experiences with this unit. 
Tomorrow evening, Tuesday, January 8th, we will be hosting our Kindergarten Round-up Night.  This night is for the students who will be coming to kindergarten in the fall of 2019 and for their parents.  If your family fits into this category, please consider joining us for this fun evening.  Dinner is offered at 6:00 and the program goes from 6:30 until 7:30. Please do RSVP through the CCLS website.
Please continue to send your children dressed for outdoor play. We will go out most days that the temperature allows for a breath of fresh air. With the fluctuating St. Louis weather, any given day could have both inside and outside recesses.
Remember that we have two full weeks of school and then we are off Monday, January 21st for the Martin Luther King holiday.

Yours in our newborn Savior,
Janet Leet

No comments:

Post a Comment